Sunday, 3 September 2017

Cruelty, Madness, Deception, Lust

This is not exactly the entry I had in mind but as that one still requires a bit of polishing, I thought I would share my latest purchase with my readers instead. To be honest, I never before knew that Roald Dahl wrote books for adults too. When I stumbled across this set at a Book Fair yesterday morning, I couldn't not stop and take a look. And once I'd had that look, it was impossible to walk out of the Fair without acquiring at least one of those tantalising books. Then it seemed a pity to buy just the one when they all looked so pretty together. Well, you know how this story goes. Here's the book (or books!!) I got at the end:

Apparently each of these instalments explores the theme of the title through short stories that depict the author's ideas and thoughts as he dissects the said title's possible meaning and repercussions. I have not yet had time to start reading through them but once I do, I plan on coming back with my thoughts about each of the topics.

Meanwhile I look forward to publishing the other entry I mentioned as soon as my friend is done doing some editing work on it. I do not usually ask anyone to check my work, for grammatical or any other reason, but this one required it due to the nature of the entry. I will not be divulging anything else for now but I am sure that once it is online, it will be an entry that will pleasantly surprise you and hopefully also intrigue you.

No comments:

Post a Comment